Error "Adobe Production Studio needs a processor that supports the SSE2 instruction set…" when you install
When you try to install the Adobe Production Studio, it returns the error message, “The Adobe Production Studio needs a processor that supports the SSE2 instruction set in order to run properly.”
Do one or more of the following solutions:
Solution 1: Check the system requirements.
Make sure you install Adobe Production Studio on a computer that meets the minimum system requirements. For a list of system requirements, visit the Adobe website at www.adobe.com/products/productionstudio and click the System Requirements link.
Solution 2: Edit the Setup.ini file.
You can edit the Setup.ini file for Adobe Production Studio so it will not check for an SSE2 enabled CPU before it attempts to install. Once you have installed Adobe Production Studio using the modified Setup.ini, you can successfully run After Effects 7.0, Audition 2.0, Illustrator CS2, and Photoshop CS2.
Note: If you edit the Setup.ini file in order to install Adobe Production Studio, you will not be able to run Premiere Pro 2.0 or Encore DVD 2.0 unless you upgrade your processor to one that supports the SSE2 instruction set.
To edit the Setup.ini file:
1. Copy the contents of all of the Adobe Production Studio DVDs to a folder on your hard drive. For instructions on copying the content of these DVDs to your hard drive, see document 328850 , “Troubleshoot installation problems (Adobe Production Studio on Windows).”
2. In Notepad, open the Setup.ini file that you copied in Step 1. This file is located in the Adobe Production Studio folder you created in Step 1.
3. Remove the section of the file requiring SSE2 by deleting the following four lines:
Requirement6MsgFailure=”$$$/ACS/ReqCheckFailureCPUReqSSE2=The Adobe Production Studio needs a processor that supports the SSE2 instruction
set in order to run properly. Please upgrade your processor or install on a different computer.
The minimum system requirements for the Adobe Production Studio are:
- Windows XP Service Pack 2
- Intel Pentium 4 processor or better
- 4 GB of hard disk space
- 512 MB of RAM
- CPU supporting the SSE/SSE2 instruction set”
4. Save and close the file.
5. Run the Adobe Production Studio Setup.exe file from the folder you created in Step 1.
The SSE2 (Streaming SIMD Extensions 2) instruction set is included with Intel Pentium 4 and later processors and with AMD Athlon 64 and Opteron and later processors. Premiere Pro and Encore DVD have been optimized to use the SSE2 instruction set during real time previews and when working with MPEG source files.